A warm welcome to Morgan Skiperdene, on joining the Surfing Doctors. Morgan has been surfing for a number of years, and it seems she likes to charge when it gets a bit more challenging. Her favourite board at the moment is a Tomo Sci Fi.
Australian and American
Studies and training –
- Griffith University School of Medicine
- Bachelor’s of Science in Public Health – Environmental Health Sciences – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Current position –
2nd year medical student
Previous benevolent work –
- Teach for America – High school Spanish teacher – Arkansas, USA
- UNC Malawi Project – Intern – Lilongwe, Malawi: I assisted in improving the Waterguard and Vitameal distribution program to HIV-positive mothers in satellite antenatal clinics throughout Lilongwe. I also taught HIV classes in a rural village of Lilongwe, planned all lessons, and organized an HIV testing.
- Kiteboarding Club – Founder – North Carolina, USA
- Centro de Niños Especiales – Volunteer – Mancora, Peru
Favourite surf destination –
Taranaki, New Zealand / Mexico
Surf travel experience –
New Zealand / Peru / Chile / Panama / El Salvador /Nicaragua / Mexico / Indo / Spain / France / East Coast, Aus / East Coast, USA
Favourite board and dimensions –
Tomo Sci Fi 5’6” 18 ½” 2 5/16” 24.8L
Local break –
Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast, Australia / Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Favourite surfer and why –
My dad. He shared with me his passion for the ocean, and I am eternally grateful for that.