James Parkinson OAM
Registered Nurse graduated 1994
Worked in G-Land as paramedic/first-aid since 2000 to present
- Works in Emergency Department Byron Bay Hospital
- Born and Bred Bondi/Tamarama Beaches now reside Lennox Head
- In Le-Ba boardriders (Lennox-Ballina)
- Play Bass Guitar in rock band named “Till the cops come” based in Byron Bay
- First overseas surf trip North Shore Hawaii 1992 just after 18th Birthday
- Awarded Order Of Australia after First Bali Bombing 2002 for the co-ordinating of and giving treatment to the bombing victims in the immediate aftermath of those bombings. I was on a break in Bali from working in G-land at the time during a flat spell.
- The surf guide Ben Silk was also on a break and was inside the Sari club when it exploded. A brick wall saved his life.