New Zealand Doctor and Surfer Sam MacDiarmid Joins The Team
- New Zealand
- BCOM University of Otago 2013
- MBCHB University of Auckland 2018
- Lost on Europe’s Atlantic Coast trying to score. Starting a Urology Registrar position at Palmerston North Hospital in 2023.
- Surgical Registrar with experience in Urology, Plastics and General Surgery.
- Matakana Island and Mount Maunganui beach.
Favourite Surf Destinations
- Gisborne New Zealand, Mentawai’s Indonesia and Santa Teresa Costa Rica.
Previous benevolent work
- I just returned from a 2-week stint at Playgrounds (Mentawais), where I did more medicine than surfing (I underestimated the amount of work and lack of resources).
- Usually based in Mount Maunganui, New Zealand, where the waves are fickle, but life is good. Have a passion for both surfing and medicine. Currently taking some time off to travel. Stoked to be a part of the team. Always happy to help where able!